Fuji Elite Track Bike - 2016
- Brand: Fuji
- Availability: In Stock
One look at the smooth, graceful lines of the Fuji Elite Track bike will tell you it was built for speed. One ride will tell you this purpose-built beauty means business. The Elite is the culmination of Fuji's decades of ex...
One look at the smooth, graceful lines of the Fuji Elite Track bike will
tell you it was built for speed. One ride will tell you this
purpose-built beauty means business.
The Elite is the culmination of Fuji's decades of experience on the track. The frame is wind-tunnel tested and FEA-modeled to optimize the shape that can translate into a real advantage in competiton. You want a track bike to transfer all of your power to the rear wheel, to accelerate like a demon. For that you need a frame that doesn't fight you. Testing showed that aerofoil shapes may be aerodynamically efficient, but they compromise frame rigidity. Aerofoil shapes also don't perform as well in a cross-wind, which could compromise your control. Fuji overcame these obstacles by using a wide cross-section tube shape made from C10 high modulus carbon fiber. The wide-cross section not only cuts through the wind, it also increases stiffness, and it aides your control of the bike at speed.
The entire frame has been created to make sure none of your watts are wasted. The head tube-fork-downtube junction is aerodynamically contoured to blend the frame areas together for a smooth, uninterrupted airflow over the front of the bike and across the downtube. The seat tube-seat stay junction is sculpted to reduce turbulent air exiting the seat tube. An aero seat post with an integrated seat clamp produces cleaner airflow; a roughened surface on the front of the seat post ensures it doesn't slip. The seat tube is also contoured around the rear wheel to minimize drag.
A 6-degree rise stem and track handlebar wrapped with Fuji cork tape positions you in a slightly elevated position for control without sacrificing aerodynamics. The 48x15 track drivetrain lets you unleash explosive accelerations to drive the Oval 980T full carbon tubular track wheels wrapped with Vittoria Pista Evo CS, 700 x 22, 320 tpi, tubular tires.
Few bikes are as elegant in their simplicity as a track bike. None are as beautiful in their conception and execution as the Fuji Elite Track.
- C10 ultra high-modulus aero carbon tubing, integrated seat clamp, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower
- FC-330 Fuji Track carbon aero monocoque w/ 1 1/8" - 1 1/2" carbon steerer
- 980T full carbon tubular track wheels, 28 / 28h
- 48x15-tooth track drivetrain gearing
- bottom bracket:
- SRAM/TruVativ GXP external, sealed bearing
- KMC X101
- TruVativ Omnium, 48T
- FC-330 Fuji Track carbon aero monocoque with 1-1/8" - 1 1/2" carbon steerer
- C10 ultra high-modulus aero-carbon tubing, integrated seat clamp, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower;C10 ultra high-modulus carbon aero stays with solid stainless steel dropouts
- front derailleur:
- Oval Concepts 300, padded suede
- Oval Concepts 710, butted 7050 alloy, 31.8mm
- FSA, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated w/ carbon top cover
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Oval Concepts R900 with carbon rails
- Oval Concepts, aero carbon, multi-position
- Oval Concepts 713, 3D-forged 7050 alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 6
- Vittoria Pista Evo CS, 700 x 22, 320 tpi, tubular
- Oval 980T full carbon tubular track wheels, 28 / 28h