Diamondback Mason Pro 27.5 Mountain Bike - 2017
- Brand: Diamondback
- Availability: In Stock
With so many mountain bikes designed for a particular kind of riding, the Diamondback Mason Pro is a refreshing all-mountain solution for anyone who wants to explore it all. With 2.8-inch wide 27.5 Plus tires, wider rims, Bo...
With so many mountain bikes designed for a particular kind of riding, the Diamondback Mason Pro is a refreshing all-mountain solution for anyone who wants to explore it all. With 2.8-inch wide 27.5 Plus tires, wider rims, Boost technology and a slack frame geometry, this versatile hardtail is right at home tackling downhills or soaking up an undulating, twisting trail. As with the Mason before it, this latest iteration is all-mountain yet with a very plush, responsive ride that will encourage you to test your limits in different terrain.
The Mason Pro's plus size tires and wide DB Blanchard rims translate into significant traction and wheel stiffness for easier cornering and more bite for your buck over standard 27.5 wheel/tire combos. You'll run lower pressures in these higher volume tires, and this means excellent small-bump compliance. The easy handling and terrain absorbing ride quality are instantly noticeable. The other vital part of the equation is Diamondback's Weapons Grade alloy frame, which is low-slung and made slack and paired with a Fox 34 Float Performance Elite fork with 130mm of travel and 3-position lever with open mode adjust. Trust us, you'll enjoy the ride. Further comfort also comes courtesy of a KS Lev Integra dropper post with 100mm of travel, so you can always get yourself into the right position no matter what's coming down the trail.
The all-mountain performance of the Mason Pro is completed with Shimano Deore M615 hydraulic disc brakes, a wide-range 1×11 SRAM X1 X-Horizon drivetrain, and wide RaceFace Aeffect alloy handlebars. They add up to deliver reliable, consistent performance, even after repeated assaults on technical single-track. The Mason rolls on a rugged set of tubeless compatible DB Blanchard rims with an internal width of 38mm, and a set of Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5"x2.8" tires.
- 6061-T6 aluminum frame with 148x12mm Boost dropouts
- Fox 34 Float Performance Elite fork with 130mm of travel and 15mm thru axle
- Diamondback Blanchard rims (38mm internal width)
- Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors
- SRAM X1 1x11 X-Horizon drivetrain
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.8" tires
- bottom bracket:
- RACEFACE OUTBOARD BEARING
- SHIMANO DEORE M615 HYDRAULIC DISC, W/ 180MM FRONT /180MM REAR ROTORS
- SRAM XG1150, 11 SPEED, 10-42T
- KMC X11EL, 11 SPEED
- RACE FACE ÆFFECT CINCH W/ 30T "NARROW WIDE"
- FOX 34 FLOAT PERFOMANCE ELITE, FIT4 CARTRIDGE, 130MM TRAVEL, 3 POSITION LEVER W/ OPEN MODE ADJUST, EXTERNAL REBOUND ADJUST, 1.5" BUTTED TAPERED STEERER TUBE, 34MM EASTON ALUMINUM STANCHIONS, 15MM THRU-AXLE
- MASON 27.5" PLUS 6061-T6 WEAPONS GRADE ALUMINUM W/ DOUBLE BUTTED FORMED TOP TUBE, DOWN TUBE, SEATSTAYS, TAPERED HEAD TUBE, 148X12MM BOOST SPEC DROPOUTS, W/ REPLACEABLE HANGER
- front derailleur:
- DB4L "LOCK ON" 135MM KRATON
- RACEFACE ÆFFECT, 760MM WIDE, 10MM RISE, 35MM BAR BORE
- FSA NO.57, SEALED CARTRIDGE FOR TAPERED HEADTUBE
- SHIMANO DEORE M615 HYDRAULIC LEVERS W/REACH ADJ.
- rear derailleur:
- SRAM X1 X-HORIZON, 11 SPEED
- rear shock:
- DB RACE M-SERIES SADDLE
- KS LEV INTEGERA DROPPER, 125/150MM TRAVEL, 30.9MM
- SRAM X1, 11 SPEED X-ACTUATION TRIGGER
- RACEFACE ÆFFECT, 60MM LENGTH, 35MM BARBORE
- SCHWALBE NOBBY NIC 27.5X2.8", SNAKESKIN, FOLDING, TL-EASY TUBELESS COMPATIBLE
- DIAMONDBACK BLANCHARD 38R, TUBELESS COMPATIBLE, 32H