Fuji Transonic 2.3 Road Bike - 2016
- Brand: Fuji
- Availability: In Stock
Aero is the new buzzword in the cycling industry, and it's much more than just hype. Study after study has shown that aerodynamics Is the single most important factor when it comes to unleashing a rider's full potential. Tho...
Aero is the new buzzword in the cycling industry, and it's much more than just hype. Study after study has shown that aerodynamics Is the single most important factor when it comes to unleashing a rider's full potential. Those gains can come from a lot of places--like body position, deep section wheels, and helmets--but the frame is one of the most important places Which is why Fuji introduced the Transonic, which incorporates all the latest aerodynamic advances of the last few years into a single, race proven platform.
The Fuji Transonic 2.3 Road Bike is the result of years of aerodynamic research and engineering. Fuji was one of the first companies to go "aero" with their beloved SST model. They've evolved the concept further, taking lessons learned from the development of their other super bikes, the Norcom Straight and Track Elite, plus input from their pro riders on the Caja-Rural pro team, who have ridden the bike to victory after victory in 2016.
The Fuji Transonic frame has been design to help you cut through the wind. Fuji's engineers spent several years wind-tunnel testing and FEA-modeling the Transonic frame to achieve the right shape to help you gain an advantage on your competitors. They found that while aerofoil shapes may be aerodynamically efficient, they compromise the rigidity of the frame. They also don't perform as well in a cross-wind, and can compromise your control of the bike To solve this problem, Fuji uses a wide cross-section tube shape made from C5 high modulus carbon fiber that cuts through the wind but increases stiffness, and increases your control of the bike at speed.
They also borrowed some of the most successful wind-cheating elements of their hyper-fast Track Elite and Norcom Straight TT models. An aerodynamically contoured head tube-fork-downtube junction blends the frame areas together to ensure smooth, uninterrupted airflow over the front of the bike and across the downtube. The seat tube-seatstay junction is sculpted to reduce turbulent air exiting the seat tube -- in the Transonic's case, contoured around the rear brake to shield it from the wind. An aero seat post with an integrated seat clamp that produces cleaner airflow, plus a roughened surface on the front of the seat post to ensure the post doesn't slip. The seat tube is also contoured around the rear wheel to minimize drag.
But what good is aerodynamics without top-shelf components? Shifting duties are handled by Shimano's popular competition-level Ultregra 6800 groupset, a revolution in mechanical shifting. 6800 is arguably the most popular groupset in the world with riders of all levels, and is more than just a refinement of the previous 10-speed 6700 gear, but has been completely redesigned to deliver the best that mechanical 11-speed has to offer. With improved ergonomics, a redesigned and more powerful front derailleur, Shimano has made sure that Ultegra 6800 is more than enough to put you on the top of the podium, or beat your previous PR's. Shimano provides direct mount bakes that hide from the wind.
If you're looking for a bike that truly delivers the ultimate in performance in any terrain, from flatland sprints to high mountain passes, the Fuji Transonic is the bike for you.
- Wide cross-section frame tube shapes for aerodynamic drag reduction, increased rigidity, and unparalleled control
- Integrated chain watcher to ensure smooth shifts without the risk of dropping the chain to the inside of the crank
- Designed with the future in mind, the frame features electronic/mechanical internal cable routing and accommodates wide-rim profile wheels and up to 28mm tires
- Direct-mount front and rear brakes remove the excess material of a carrier plate -- allowing for better frame integration and improved aerodynamics
- Shimano Ultegra 11-speed shifting for the ultimate, pro-level performance
- bottom bracket:
- Praxis conversion bottom bracket
- Shimano Ultegra direct mount
- Shimano 105, 11-28T, 11-speed
- KMC X11L, 11-speed
- Oval Concepts 720, hollow forged 6066 arms, 52/36T
- FC-440 carbon w/ tapered carbon steerer
- C5 high-modulus carbon, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, press fit BB30, double water bottle mounts
- front derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra, braze-on mount
- Oval Concepts 300, padded suede
- Oval Concepts 310, butted 6061 alloy, 31.8mm
- FSA, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated
- Shimano Ultegra, STI
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- Shimano Ultegra, 11-speed
- Oval Concepts R500 w/ chromoly hollow rails
- Transonic aero carbon, 300mm (46-52cm), 350mm (54-61cm)
- Shimano Ultegra, STI, 11-speed
- Oval Concepts 313, 6061 3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, +/- 7°
- Vittoria Zaffiro Pro Slick, 700 x 25, 60tpi, folding
- Oval 527 aero alloy clincher, 18 / 24h