Fuji Transonic 1.3 - 2017
- Brand: Fuji
- Availability: In Stock
In the past, riders who wanted aero frames were forced to compromise, trading wind-cheating benefits for weight penalties and sub-par stiffness. Fuji set out to remedy this problem with their new Transonic aero road bike, dr...
In the past, riders who wanted aero frames were forced to compromise, trading wind-cheating benefits for weight penalties and sub-par stiffness. Fuji set out to remedy this problem with their new Transonic aero road bike, drawing inspiration from their award-winning Norcom time-trial frame and utilizing premium materials to create a unique riding experience.
The Transonic's frame is built from C10 ultra high-modulus carbon fiber, a material chosen for its light weight, strength, and malleability. An integrated headtube and internal cable routing minimize drag, while oversized chainstays and a sculpted bottom bracket maximize power transfer. Fuji's FC-330 carbon fiber fork takes aerodynamic cues from the Norcom's fork, bringing all of Fuji's experience to bear on one of cycling's biggest challenges.
The Transonic 1.3 utilizes Shimano's 11-speed mechanical Dura-Ace groupset, which offers responsive shifting without the complication of electronic systems. With a 52/36 mid-compact crank and an 11-28 cassette, the Transonic is equipped for a wide variety of racing situations. Dura-Ace direct mount brakes round out the package and reflect the designers' aerodynamic aims.
Oval Concepts provides the Transonic's finishing package, including the 950 F wheelset. The 950 F carbon-aluminum aero rims cut through the wind while offering a reliable braking surface for conventional pads. Oval Concepts also contributes their 910 Ergo carbon fiber handlebar to the Transonic, but underneath the saddle you'll find Fuji's own Transonic aero carbon seatpost. Like the rest of the frame, this seatpost is sculpted to minimize drag without sacrificing ride quality.
Fuji's designers are heralding in a new age in aero bikes. Leave compromise in the past with the light, stiff, and supremely aerodynamic Fuji Transonic 1.3.
- Custom-sculpted C10 carbon
fiber frame Light Shimano Dura-Ace 11-speed drivetrain Aerodynamic
Oval Concepts 950 F carbon-aluminum rims
- bottom bracket:
- Praxis conversion bottom bracket
- New Shimano Dura-Ace direct-mount
- New Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-28T, 11-speed
- New Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed w/ QuickLink
- New Shimano Dura-Ace, 52/36T
- FC-330 carbon monocoque w/ tapered carbon steerer
- C10 ultra high-modulus carbon, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, PF30 BB
- front derailleur:
- New Shimano Dura-Ace, braze-on mount
- Oval Concepts 300 bar tape, suede
- Oval Concepts 910 Ergo, carbon, 31.8mm clamp, 133mm drop, 4° sweep
- FSA, 1 1/8" upper - 1 1/2" lower, integrated w/ carbon top cover
- New Shimano Dura-Ace
- rack mounts:
- rear derailleur:
- New Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed
- Oval Concepts 734 with pressure relief zone, cromo rail
- Transonic aero carbon, 300mm (46-52cm), 350mm (54-61cm)
- New Shimano Dura-Ace, STI, 11-speed
- Oval Concepts 707, 3D-forged 6061 stem body, +/-7°
- Vittoria Rubino Pro, 700 x 25cc, 150 tpi, folding
- Oval Concepts 950 F, 700c 18/24H aero carbon-alloy rims